Hi and Welcome!!

Hi Everyone! I have a NEW BLOG! Please make sure to follow me there :)

CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BLOG!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What's your favorite picture from 2008??

Holy cow......where did the last year go?? Really, what happened to 2008. I am completely convinced that the older I get the years just pass by twice as fast as they used to. 2008 has been a fabulous year for me, really it has! I have learned sooooo much since I purchased my first DSLR camera last Dec. I have always been a very artistic person and have really been a jack of all trades when it comes to art. But I have finally found my medium, the most perfect art for me. Photography has not only captured my attention, focus and drive, it has captured my soul. My camera has become an extension of my eyes and mind. I see the world through a photographers eyes now. My grandmother is an amazing photographer and I have always admired her beautiful photographs. Since I have become completely obsessed by photography myself we have had a handful of conversations about seeing the world through a photographers eyes. We both have said how hard it is to even drive down the street on most days without seeing something that is worthy of a picture. Whether it be a beautiful sky, an old barn, or frost on a tree branch early in the morning. The world we live is amazingly beautiful, and I am so blessed that I have found a true passion that allows me to capture so many moments of beauty. And it is just so awesome to be able to capture amazing memories for my clients that will help to tell their life stories. I often tell people if you really want to appreciate the world we live in, view it through a camera. You'll start seeing things you never would have really noticed before.

And because I too have many favorites from 2008 I thought I would leave you with a handful of those pictures that moved me in some way. I know I've left a bunch out but I just grabbed some quick. There is something in all of these pictures that made me smile and made my heart happy. It reminds me of a favorite quote of mine. "There are many pictures that will capture your eye, but only a few that will really capture your heart. Those are the ones to pursue, those are the ones worth keeping."

webaddybath

36

28

26

webj1

weblighter
finalweb

9

4

1

My favorite

DSC_3711 copy3web

Simply Beautiful

dance with me

Blue eyes

Little cowgirls

perfectly beautiful

DSC_8010 copyweb

brothers

DSC_8378 copyweb

DSC_9243 copyweb

DSC_9769 copyweb

DSC_0806 copyweb

DSC_2790 copyweb

DSC_1899web

DSC_2937 copyweb

DSC_3890 copyweb

DSC_4732 copyweb

DSC_4046 copytextureweb

DSC_5073 copyweb

DSC_5109 copyweb

DSC_5834 copyweb

web


SO I know you're all very curious what my favorite picture of 2008 has been.
Well, if I really had to choose just one, it would be this one of my baby and my husband!

I love soooo many things about this picture. I love her messy hair and her chubby arms, I love how their lips lined up crooked, I love how she's pinching his cheek, I love how her shoe is untied, I love how their eyes are closed, I love the colors, and I love that it's my two most favorite people in the world!! I love, love, love it .......captures my heart every time I look at at!!!!

16x24final copyweb

OK so I know it's gonna be sooo hard to narrow it down to one favorite picture, but I can't wait to see what you pick. I'm sure I'll get some amazing entries!! So start diggin' through your pictures from 2008 and capture my heart!!! And most importantly have a safe and
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!


Tiffany Burke, Follow Your Art Photography, www.followyourartphotography.com serving Utah County and Salt Lake county, Utah. Specializing in children, senior, and family portrait photography. Utah child photography, Utah child photographer, Utah family photography, Utah family photographer, Utah baby photography, Utah baby photographer, Utah senior photographer, Utah senior photography

19 comments:

Kayleen Taulanga Wednesday, December 31, 2008  

I love your pink chair! All your pictures are beautiful! You are very talented!!

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer Wednesday, December 31, 2008  

oh i am so excited!! i am sure you are going to get some AMAZING photography!! i want to see all the entries :)!! i will have to start digging :)!!

April Wednesday, December 31, 2008  

I want to see all the entries as well! But I am sure you'll get tons. I already submitted mine :-p

I love looking at your favs through the year. They are all wonderful, I am sure it was hard to narrow it down to those few!

Happy New Year!

Follow Your Art Photography Wednesday, December 31, 2008  

TracyTphotography, thank you I did see your comment, but blogger ate it today I guess. it just disappeared!

And thanks to everyone, now let's see more of your favorites!!

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer Wednesday, December 31, 2008  

maybe you could post them all on flickr?? wink wink!

Follow Your Art Photography Wednesday, December 31, 2008  

Oh if I do post more than the winner they will be posted here for sure. I think it all depends on how many pics I actually do get. So come guys start sending all those favorites!!

heddomarie Thursday, January 01, 2009  

I love all these images. I think my favorite of yours is the one of the mom and lil girl kissing... So sweet!! I will have to look for my favorite and send it in.

Anonymous Thursday, January 01, 2009  

Wow! That's an amazing collection of work! Unfair to try to choose only one from the ones you've shown! Outstanding!

Karidan Kaye Thursday, January 01, 2009  

I have always loved the one of the mom bending down and kissing the little girl on the road Ahhh I feel in love at that moment any mother would cherish that for life!!

Anonymous Friday, January 02, 2009  

I loved seeing all of your favorites together here like this. I've admired so many of these throughout the year on Flickr. Amazing, amazing work!

Kelly Friday, January 02, 2009  

God, those are all sooooo gorgeous! Kelly

Vanessa Saturday, January 03, 2009  

You are truly an inspiration! Keep it up Girl...it makes me want to be better! Love them all...my fav is for sure the last one too. What a special moment you will treasure forever! We need a get together soon! :)

Anonymous Saturday, January 03, 2009  

I enjoyed seeing your favorites from the year. I remember many of them making me go aahhhh as you posted them throughout the year--such a treat to see them again. What a job well done on your first year! I wish you the best in 2009.

Melissa G.
Montana

Chellese Sunday, January 04, 2009  

It's funny because many of my favorites are of your daughter. She's beautiful and it's so amazing that you have all of that photographic evidence for her and for you to cherish forever. It makes me want to have a girl!

Now I just have to be brave and pick a photo to enter. I really do hope you share many of them!

Anonymous Sunday, January 04, 2009  

Wow, I love your work! The wedding image with the sunflare has got to be one of my faves. Oh and then the girl with the red hair and blue shirt/brown skirt. Beautiful portraits! I love your style and your pp too! Happy New Year!

- ali hohn

Anonymous Monday, January 05, 2009  

That is a stellar set of favorites. You've had an amazing year and amazing growth. Congrats!

Jennifer Monday, January 05, 2009  

oh I loved looking through every last one of these, just beautiful! I cant wait to see what you do this year!

Linnea Tuesday, January 06, 2009  

All the pictures are gorgeous, but I definitely think you should have included the one of your little girl with the Christmas tree. I think that is my favorite, hands down.
Looking forward to seeing your beautiful work in 2009!

Concord Carpenter Tuesday, January 06, 2009  

I enjoyed them all.

I've always like photography and wish I had pusued it more. I'm envious at your talent - your great!

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{About Me and Contact Info}

My photo
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and explore my blog! My name is Tiffany Burke, and I am a photographer located in Utah county, Utah. Here you will find posts of my most recent sessions, and up to date information (the links above can help you navigate through past posts, as well as a few other helpful links). I also often share pictures and tidbits of my life. I'm a picture takin, toddler totin, laid back kind of girl! I am a wife to my wonderful husband of 10 years and a mother to my 2 year old miracle baby. Because I am also a full time mom, I only book a limited amount of sessions each month and I do fill up fast. Please email me at tiffany@followyourartphotography.com or call me at 801-414-4388 with any questions you may have and to book your session. PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOW BOOKING FOR FALL OF 2009!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP