Hi and Welcome!!

Hi Everyone! I have a NEW BLOG! Please make sure to follow me there :)

CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BLOG!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cute, cute family take 2! ( and a funny story)

So I just wanted to share a few more of this sweet family. And share a fun story with all of you guys. A couple of nights ago I was up late editing (these pictures to be exact) and I was just about to go to bed when the smoke alarm starts beeping, and those suckers are loud! Seriously why does this always happen at 2 in the morning! My husband was out of town so I couldn't run to the store to get a battery and I could not find a 9 volt anywhere in the house (why can't those things take double A's anyways)! I tried to unplug it, no success (I was afraid of electricuting myself and I was the only one home with my daughter so I didn't want to cut any wires). I took the battery out it still yelled at me (that's what it sounded like at 2 am anyways). I then thought about a toy remote control car I had of my daughters we haven't played with forever. I found it and yes, a 9 volt! I put it in the smoke alarm and NOPE it isn't a good battery. So it's about 3 am at this time and I cannot sleep with that thing screaming at me now. So at my wits end I decided to cover it with a pillow to see if it would muffle out the sound, ahhh it did, now I just had to figure out how to keep the pillow on the ceiling. So at this point so tired, annoyed and slightly dilusional, I grabbed some screws and screwed the pillow to the celing! Yep and it kind of worked, well at least I was able to sleep. Go figure that this would happen on the one night my husband is out of town and I can't run to the store. So my advice to you all stock up on 9 volts!!

DSC_2937 copyweb

DSC_3044 copyweb

DSC_2899 copyweb

DSC_2924 copyweb

Don't ya just love her pearl necklace!!!
DSC_2883 copyweb

DSC_3049 copybwweb

Tiffany Burke, Follow Your Art Photography
www.followyourartphotography.com

10 comments:

Anonymous Thursday, October 23, 2008  

So I had to giggle at your story! I would have never thought of screwing the pillow to the celing! haha!

Now on to those GORGEOUS IMGES you posted!! WOW! Is all I can say!

Rhonda Thursday, October 23, 2008  

that is funny! you should have taken a picture - i would love to see what you can do with a pillow screwed to the ceiling?
GREAT pictures as usual!

Campbell Thursday, October 23, 2008  

I want to see a picture too. I sound like that one episode on "Friends"!!!

Kristin Wilkerson Thursday, October 23, 2008  

Cute pictures...and I think that it's hillarious that you screwed the pillow to the ceiling! I'm glad you got some sleep.

Cherron Thursday, October 23, 2008  

These are amazing! I love deep, rich colors and the clarity. *sigh* I love hopping onto your blog. :)

Brooke Thursday, October 23, 2008  

stupid stuff that keeps us safe hahaha love the shots! perfectly clear as always

Robin Friday, October 24, 2008  

LOL! Awesome story! What did your hubby say when he got home and saw the pillow?

Follow Your Art Photography Friday, October 24, 2008  

Oh he just laughed at me and said I have issues!!

And yes I kept thinking of that episode form Friends the whole time too !!

Jennifer Friday, October 24, 2008  

wow these are really beautiful, gorgeous work, and what two cute kiddos!

what a funny story would've love to seen pics of that too!

Mom and Camera Friday, October 24, 2008  

Funny story. I have a story a little like that--only the beeping lasted for days and it turned out not to be the fire alarm. My favorite is mom and son (#1).

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{About Me and Contact Info}

My photo
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and explore my blog! My name is Tiffany Burke, and I am a photographer located in Utah county, Utah. Here you will find posts of my most recent sessions, and up to date information (the links above can help you navigate through past posts, as well as a few other helpful links). I also often share pictures and tidbits of my life. I'm a picture takin, toddler totin, laid back kind of girl! I am a wife to my wonderful husband of 10 years and a mother to my 2 year old miracle baby. Because I am also a full time mom, I only book a limited amount of sessions each month and I do fill up fast. Please email me at tiffany@followyourartphotography.com or call me at 801-414-4388 with any questions you may have and to book your session. PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOW BOOKING FOR FALL OF 2009!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP